The ladies at Beauty from the Heart typed up some very good questions yesterday. I encourage you to think and pray through each one.
- Do you act out of obedience to Christ and a passion for His glory–or your own?
- How do you spend your time?
- How much of your time per day is spent chatting with friends (online, on the phone or in person)?
- How much of your time per day is spent daily in conversation with family members?
- How much of your time is spent daily speaking to God?
- How often do you meditate on the Cross? (Once a day? Once a week? Once a year?)
- Do you set time aside every day for prayer and Bible study?
- Do you try to faithfully obey God in public and at home?
- Do you ask God for the grace to help you obey consistently?
- What people, books, movies, etc. influence you the most?
- Do you read books, watch movies, or listen to music that does not encourage your walk with Christ? Do you think this is wise?
- Are your friends fellow Christians who are seeking after godliness? Or do they encourage you in gossip and ungodly thoughts?
- If so, do you also join in that gossip and allow those thoughts to dominate your mind?
- What are your main spheres of influence?
- What steps could you take to become a stronger influence of a Christ-like attitude to friends, siblings, neighbors, relatives, etc.?
- Do you actively serve in your community?
- When making decisions, do you consider how they affect others?